Business Project Manager - Commerce - London
Day rate: £650 - £750 per day
This is a global standards body that employs thousands of people worldwide.
The Business Project Manager has the overall responsibility for the successful initiation, planning, design, execution, monitoring, controlling and closure of a project. Sitting within the Programme & Change Management function, the Business Project Manager is also accountable to the project sponsor for the successful delivery of project outcomes and realisation of business benefits.
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects
- Ensure that the project is delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Implement and manage effective project governance to optimise stakeholder engagement and decision making
- Develop a detailed and robust project plan to track progress, whilst ensuring clear understanding of the plan by the sponsor and project team
- Measure project performance using appropriate systems, tools and techniques. Communicate this performance through project governance in a timely and effective manner, including escalation as needed
- Manage the relationship with the sponsor and all stakeholders using appropriate communications and engagement methods.
- Establish and maintain relationships to manage third parties/vendors
- Manage project transition into business as usual including handover plans, lessons learned and benefits realisation
- Significant diverse experience in managing complex business change projects across global footprint up to £5m budget (including IT component but not IT led).
- Excellent communication skills (written and spoken)
- Excellent interpersonal skills and cross cultural awareness
- Experience managing governance forums with large audiences
- Team player with business and customer mind-set
- Excellent planning skills
- The ability to meet strict deadlines
- Shares relevant information with other team members
- Has the ability to innovate new ideas and work independently
What's in it for you?
The opportunity to work in a global organisation. This role will provide you with exposure and responsibility from the outset in a very project driven environment.
If you would like to have a chat about this role then please email