A Financial Services Firm is seeking a Business Intelligence Engineer to join their London office on a contract basis.
The main project work is to implement and maintain a wide range of business intelligence solutions and to drive the development of the data warehouse.
- Develop new MIS / reporting solutions
- Support the development of the data warehouse and ETL process
- Manage database changes from development, QA through to release
- Monitor and resolve performance and stability issues
- Good knowledge & experience of SQL required, including stored procedures and complex query design. Specifically, knowledge of SQL Server 2016 is preferred
- Good experience in SQL Server Integration Services
- Good experience of reporting tools, preferably SQL Server Reporting Services but Business objects, Crystal reports or similar are acceptable
- Comfortable with formatting and manipulating data based on user requirements
- Able to build rapport with business users to facilitate interaction
- Understanding of the principals involved in Data Warehousing and dimensional modelling (Kimball methodology)
- Knowledge of Azure SQL Database
- Understanding of the principles of Data Warehousing using the Data Vault 2.0 methodology
- Financial services experience, including reporting from complex data structures
- SQL Server Analysis Services
If this opportunity sounds of interest, please apply with an up to date CV.