Business Analyst - Equity Clearing - London
One of my Market Infrastructure Banking clients is looking for a new Business Analyst to support the delivery of a Front to Back change programme. The Business Analyst will provide business analysis for the Equities and Commodities clearing services, and ensure that changes to services are fully assessed to enable suitable solutions to be developed.
The role sits within the Securities Clearing Technology team who are in the middle of a huge programme comprised of enhancements and maintenance of the existing services and also the implementation of a new multi-asset class clearing platform.
You will be responsible for
- Identifying and analysing the business requirements for new products and services and changes to existing services on Equities and Commodities clearing platforms.
- Produce detailed business and systems requirements documents, e.g. business process flows, data models, use cases, functional specifications.
- Work with colleagues across the business to develop and deliver the most appropriate strategic, cost effective and deliverable solutions to problems.
- Provide input into appropriate phases of testing (Integration, UAT, etc) to ensure that solutions are tested and implemented correctly.
Required Skills and Experience
- 5 years or more current experience as a Business Analyst in the Financial Services industry, working as a pure Business Analyst and not in a hybrid Project Manager or Test type role.
- Equities settlement experience.IT project based roles, in structured development environments.
- Experience of working on large scale projects, across the full project life cycle.
- SWIFT, FIX and XML based messaging.
- Awareness of Clearing and CCP services.
- Structured and systematic approach to work.
- Degree (or equivalent) in a numerate discipline.