- Ensure that functionality proposed provides a strong user experience and meets the needs of a rapidly changing environment for customers to support the Company in and winning tenders.
- Generate specifications through liaising with customers and internal teams to achieve realistic outcomes and, updating and agreeing the specifications.
- Understand the impact of developments on existing product functionality and standard business use of products by engaging with stakeholders
- Work with other Business Analysts to ensure their specifications and subsequent development does not adversely impact overall functionality or future development
- Ensure priorities are determined ready for commencement of development cycles.
- Work with the product manager to develop product vision and goals.
- Prioritise fixes from regression testing of new releases.
- Develop acceptance test criteria into the specification.
- Significant experience as a business Analyst
- Experience in software development for Government/Public Sector focused company
- Working knowledge of different integration styles including file transfer, shared databases, remote procedure invocation and messaging
- Working knowledge of public facing web applications, usability standards and data security
- Working experience with Agile and/or Waterfall
- Understanding of systems engineering concepts
- Experience in UK Education software
- Willingness to engage directly with customers
- Good presentation skills