In contrast to many of its competitors, this Investment Bank is one of a few large global institutions that is benefitting from substantial growth across Europe at the moment, making it a very exciting and interesting time to join.
Headcount has increased significantly over the last 5 years as they continue to take market-share and expand operations into new areas. However, they have taken care to ensure their excellent culture has not been affected; staff satisfaction is something at the top of this Investment Bank's agenda, offering an excellent work life balance, down-to-earth culture and a friendly working environment.
This is a 12 month fixed-term contract to work on an Operational Risk Brexit project within the 2nd line of defence Operational Risk team to help identify Operational Risks & the impact to the European businesses. It is essential that you have experience working within banking, financial markets or securities and as such, have knowledge of asset classes such as Equities, Fixed Income, etc. It is likely that at the end of the 12 month fixed-term contract, a permanent Operational Risk Manager role may be available (performance dependant).
- Ensuring Operational Risk Management programmes are implemented across EMEA
- Perform Operational Risk reviews across different lines of business and assess the effectiveness of Risk controls & the impact on the European businesses
- Enhance the RCSA process across the business
- Reporting on any changes that need to be made to ensure risk is mitigated
- Ensuring stakeholders are kept updated regarding Operational Risk reviews
- Assist with the calculation & allocation of Operational Risk Capital and Scenario Analysis
To be considered for this job, you will have the following experience:
- Previous experience working as an Operational Risk Manager within Banking, Securities or Financial Markets is essential
- Previous knowledge surrounding financial markets, products, and securities regulations is essential e.g. Equities, Fixed Income etc...
- Strong knowledge of European regulations is essential
- Previous Operational Risk experience in positions with oversight across Europe is highly beneficial
- Demonstrable experience working on Brexit planning is highly desirable
- Business awareness - understanding of wholesale banking activities and requirements is key
- A degree in accounting, finance or business administration is beneficial
- Relevant professional certifications including CIA, ACA, ACCA is an advantage
If you feel you have the relevant experience for this newly created opportunity then please apply to this advert and send your CV to Emily Drake at Twenty Recruitment.
Twenty Recruitment's Compliance & Governance function are a team of specialist consultants covering Financial Crime Compliance, Regulatory Compliance & Operational Risk mandates, both permanent and temporary, across Financial Services, Technology and Energy.