A leading global Asset Manager who has a strong reputation and enviable presence in its respected markets. The firm has maintained an excellent culture due to the level of experience and expertise across the senior management team.
Working within the Technology Infrastructure Services - Infrastructure Architecture and Strategy Department this position is responsible for delivering core Backup and Storage Support, engineering and development. Working as part of the Global Storage support and engineering team, this position will be responsible for participating in aspects of the organisations project work.
- Management and operations of the enterprise storage and backup platform
- Work with architecture and engineering leads to assist with defining and delivering the strategy for enterprise backup.
- Enterprise backup capacity planning and managing utilisation across the platform for all backup datasets
- Actively monitor and tune backup performance at OS, network and storage layers for a variety of datasets across client platforms
- Provide input to engineering of physical components and software required for backup
- Help contribute to the technology roadmap to identify products to improve service levels
- Produce, maintain and enforce standards and operational processes for backup configuration, optimization, replication, security and disaster recovery
- Engineer and implement new and replacement backup technologies
- Work with vendors and internal resources to engineer additional stability into the backup environment
- Design, administration and ownership of Backup platforms in large enterprise Netbackup environments
- Strong skills with Netbackup GUI and command lien utilities for administration and reporting
- Experience with Storage Lifecycle policies for file-system, database and messaging datasets
- Experience with user initiated database Netbackup policies for Oracle, MSSQL and Sybase
- Strong UNIX skills
- Strong Perl and Shell scripting skills
- Ability to automate and script reporting, alerting and monitoring tasks
If this sounds of interest please apply below or send an email