AVP Front Office Java Developer - Financial Services - London - £75,000
A Tier 1 Investment Bank is looking for an AVP Front Office Java Developer to build cutting edge solutions to support the onboarding of new pricing and risk models. The role involves close interaction with quants, traders and valuation and pricing teams. You will be working in a first class working environment at the centre of the financial community on challenging projects.
- Conduct in depth analysis on pricing and risk issues, and implement solutions in the form of Java server side components which support real time and end of day data aggregation and manipulation.
- Ownership of their development tasks from inception to delivery and sign off.
- Delivering sustainable technical designs, estimates and timelines for the assigned requirements, and quickly adjusting and revisiting these plans if and when business priorities change.
- Works within an Agile Scrum process and encourage end to end ownership of functional deliverables.
- Strong experience in core Java (Generics, Collections, Multi-threading, I/O, Java 8 specific language knowledge would be desirable).
- Experience in building distributed systems.
- Knowledge of Design patterns.
- Experience with implementing and understanding data processing patterns against data services (Join, Filter, Aggregate, Pivot, etc).
- Demonstrable experience with building configuration driven systems.
- Bachelor degree or better - strong academic background in software engineering required.
- Good SQL and Oracle.
- Familiarity with distributed caching, preferably Oracle Coherence
- C#/.NET/WPF UI development experience plus.
- Knowledge of Equity derivatives
- Knowledge of Exotic Equity Derivatives
This is a very exciting opportunity for a skilled and effective Front Office Java Developer looking for a new challenge within an innovative global company with a wealth of expertise and knowledge.
If you are interested in this role please contact me on 02031894344.