This role as Credit Risk AVP will join an expanding risk team in Glasgow. You will join a well-known major Banking Group who offer great career progression and broad exposure to Private Banking, Wealth Management and Mortgages.
This newly created AVP job will help make credit risk sanctioning decisions within the Private Banking Business.
Responsibilities may include:
- Ensure credit quality through monitoring, control and sanctioning of credit applications.
- Evaluate and approve credit proposals ensuring adequate adherence to compliance and governance.
- Maintain high standards of credit quality across the business including mortgages, loans and overdrafts.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with Bankers and Relationship Managers providing pre/post application advice.
- Take part in wider activities within the team including Portfolio Management, Credit Sanctioning and Business Support.
- Over 3 years experience working within the Credit space.
- Demonstrated experience in credit underwriting or sanctioning is an advantage.
- Exceptional command of the English language (both written & verbal).
- Experience working within the following sectors would be highly desirable: Private Banking, Mortgages, Real Estate or Corporate Lending.
- University Degree and/or professional certifications would be preferred.