Automation Test Engineer - Financial Services - London - £80,000
A leading financial services firm are looking for an Automation Test Engineer to join their growing Cash Equities Division. You will work on the most interesting aspects of delivering high quality software and have hands-on effort on Test automation for Option Trading and Equities Trading. Successful candidate would have hands-on on building the test automation written in Java language using fluent interface and using this framework to accomplish test automation goals and vision.
- Work closely with Project Leads and supervise their global staff in the testing of various applications used to support the trading business globally, which include release time line & management, prioritisation of resources, automation and ultimate responsibility for delivery of bug free production release with improved coverage.
- Responsible for testing/supporting across multiple different business flows and regions, including Cash Equities, Program & Single Stock flow - Front, Middle & Back Office systems, International Equities and Listed Options.
- Requires to work closely with Equities Technology peers, including Development Managers, Developer teams, Business Analysts, UAT QA team and NPS staff to ensure requirements and scope are clearly understood prior to start release testing and automation development task.
- Design and develop automation priority for application and front to back levels.
- Act as the central point of contact for High Touch release management, processes improvement, automation priority and resource allocation. It includes responsibility for stakeholder opt-in/opt-out of each QA & SIT releases, test plan/cases/scenarios preparation, release & automation sign-off, chair bug review calls and follow ETA across projects, understand and track all Open issues and publish daily EOD test status.
- Full ownership of QA, SIT test environments, timing of code upgrades/deployments and owning static data refreshes in-line with the support of overall testing efforts, resource book of work and planned testing schedule with target timeline.
- Responsible for develop and execute test plans and automated test cases that ensure deliverables are of high quality.
- Support of Test automation effort across QA, UAT phases of new releases SUT (System Under Test).
- Solid understanding of QA methodology, processes and procedures.
- The position requires an understanding of best practices in test automation processes and standards, and an ability to architect automation tests.
- Must have extensive experience with the definition and implementation of automated Java based testing framework and process and tool like Selenium Webdriver.
- Experience with Core Java, Linux, SQL (Critical to have).
- Experience in working in UNIX/Linux.
- Experience using Unit testing frameworks such as JUnit or TestNg.
- Understanding of messaging/middleware technologies.
- Strong knowledge of OOP / design patterns / IoC (Spring).
- Experience of working in the cash equities trading space.
This is a very exciting opportunity for a skilled and effective Automation Test Engineer looking for a new challenge within an innovative global company with a wealth of expertise and knowledge.
If you are interested in this role please contact me on 02031894344.