Application Support Manager - Post Trade technology - Fixed Income - Equities
A global Investment Services firm are looking to hire an Application support manager to join a newly formed team.
- Management of support teams covering our services
- Ideally setup/migration of services to off-shore locations/partners and if not, good experience of running teams using this model
- Support of Production and other Non-Production Member facing environments
- Provide a first point of contact to the Business
- Ensure services are recovered swiftly following an incident with appropriate escalation/approval throughout.
- Management of shift rotas to ensure 24x5 onsite cover and 24x7 cover with on-call support.
- Ensure there is effective, pro-active monitoring and management in place for systems including capacity
- Ensure all processes and documentation are adequate, effective and followed to meet support and audit requirements.
- Ensuring the team meets targeted metrics
- Identify and implement Continuous Service Improvement opportunities
- Involvement in Infrastructure upgrade work
- Provide input into project scope to address known errors/problems
- Participate in regular disaster recovery tests and ensure recovery timescales are met.
- Ensure that the team are adequately trained to support the services.
- Manage off-shore staff rotation through London
- Attendance at change control and governance forums to represent changes across supported services
- Attendance at Service Management meetings across supported services
- Application Support/Service Management Processes (ideally ITIL certified)
- Team Management experience
- General knowledge of Equities, Fixed income, Market Data or Derivative instruments
- General understanding of Financial Risk calculations
- Unix (including shell scripting)
- SQL (ideally Oracle/Sybase)