Application Support Analyst - London - Banking - SAP
A Global financial organisation are looking to hire an application Support Analyst to work on their SAP and operational systems.
- Providing 2nd-3rdline application support on complex applications.
- Managing problems from identification driving colleagues through to resolution.
- Participate in the implementation, backup and roll-back plans for application support changes.
- Create and maintain good working relationships with internal departments as well as 3rdparty vendors and hosting providers
- Provide out of hours support cover as required.
- Working as part of a project team to become subject matter experts
- Maintaining system stability and high availability.
- To use system and software knowledge to resolve issues.
- Lead the progression of issues within a defined strategy and context.
- Consult with colleagues on solutions and solving complex problems.
- Complete daily checks following defined procedures.
- Escalate issues to management where appropriate.
- Application monitoring, performance and capacity tuning as directed from time to time.
- Experience in an application support role
- Extensive problem solving and debugging skills
- Experience in working with 3rd party vendors
- Proven track record of working on large complex systems
- Understanding of project life cycle and Waterfall and Agile methodologies
- Flexible in working outside of core business hours at short-notice
- Experience in supporting RHEL and windows server environments
- Experience with supporting multi-tier infrastructures
- Experience with RDBMS
- Experience with supporting Java and .NET applications
- Experience in at least one RDBMS (Oracle 10g/11g, MS SQL Server 2005/2008
- Proven experience of providing SAP Support for ECC or BI
- Must be able to demonstrate an understanding or appreciation for ITIL principles
- Experience of operational tooling such as Control-M, App Dynamics
- Understanding of fundamental accounting processes
- Knowledge of payment systems and basic accounting within the Banking and Financial Services sectors
- Experience with BPC, PI, Business Objects or Solution Manager
- Experience working within in a financially regulated organisation
- Experience working with third party providers