Analyst - Master Data Management
Detail Job Description:
As part of the MDM team, the candidate is responsible for master data creation and maintenance in support of business processes. Supports projects to analyze, cleanse, enrich and monitor master data elements. Initiates frequent analytics and reporting to ensure data completeness and accuracy and ensures best practices. Leads root cause analysis including problem definition, investigation and developing correction and prevention processes.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyze conceptual, logical and physical data models & document business ideas, data entities, data elements and the relationship between them.
- Constant monitoring of master data against the currently used data in various business processes to identify the gaps, inconsistencies and the openings to improve quality of master data
- Engage in master data value improvement through analysis and remediation of data quality issues.
- Engage with both business and IT to define and capture data definitions, business guidelines and data qualities rules for master data.
- Analyze & document systems and processes interactions within a functional scope.
- Profile, cleanse, authenticate and audit data from numerous systems to meet quality standards
- Develop analysis by leveraging Informatica and SQL based tools.
- Participate in the implementation of master data governance processes.
- Participate in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
There are no supervisory responsibilities associated with this job.
- Bachelor's Degree and/or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred
- Demonstrated experience with data analytics, auditing, reporting and problem solving.
- Excellent SQL Skills.
- Being comfortable with various database systems and analytical tools such Teradata, Oracle, SQL Server (and more).
- Solid understanding of the enterprise-wide data flows including customer data flows.
- Must be disciplined, detail-oriented and well-organized
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, ability to present summarized analysis results to executive management
- Ability to interact appropriately with all levels of the organization, on business side and Tech side.
- Inclination to quickly learn relevant data processes and data flow, including MDM flows
- Prior experience with high volume, high-availability applications
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, and ability to think independently and critically
- 5-10 years of experience in a high-volume or data-intensive business.
- 2 - 3 years - SAS Analytics
- 3 - 5 years - SQL and data extract/manipulation logic
- Knowledge of Informatica ETL and MDM a strong plus
- DBMS: Knowledge of Oracle/Teradata
- Strong knowledge of Excel and Visio or any other flowcharting tool.
- Thorough knowledge of MS-Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access).
email me at Jessica . Nevin @ TwentyRecruitment . com
phone me at 646 766 1242