A tier 1 investment bank are looking for a qualified, technical accountant for an Accounting Advisory role. It is a front office facing role with a particular focus on financial instruments and IFRS. It is imperative this person has good technical accounting knowledge from either big 4 or through banking. It is a great, progressive opportunity inside a dynamic organisation in a highly independent and relatively senior team with a flat structure.
Specifically your responsibilities will include:
- Providing IFRS advice to all business lines within the investment bank
- Providing solutions to accounting issues that arise in new business proposals, live transactions and new initiatives
- Maintaining internal control standards, resolving any issues raised by external regulators
- Working closely with the regulatory policy team, enabling in depth understanding around business activities impact on regulatory and capital.
- Liaising with other accounting advisory teams in other areas, highlighting points of discussion
- Involvement in interesting trades and products
- Working close with Product Control, Regulatory Policy, Legal, Compliance and Risk
To be considered for this job, you will have the following experience:
- Strong technical accounting background or financial reporting or product/financial control in banking
- A chartered accountant (preferably big 4 trained if from practice).
- Understand the leadership quality - can articulate themselves well in front of a variety of different stakeholders
- Working knowledge of IFRS and the implementation of it
- Knowledge of IFRS 9 and banking products
- Someone who has worked with the front office and understands the need to be commercial.
- Resilient and able to work under pressure