In contrast to many of its competitors, this Investment Bank is one of a few large global institutions that is benefitting from substantial growth across Europe making it a very exciting and interesting time to join.
Headcount has increased significantly over the last 5 years as they continue to take market-share and expand operations into new areas. However, they have taken care to ensure their excellent culture has not been affected; staff satisfaction is something at the top of this Investment Bank's agenda, offering an excellent work life balance, down-to-earth culture and a friendly working environment.
This job sits within the 2nd line of defence risk team. Your responsibilities will include:
- Provide independent oversight and credible challenge to the Line of Businesses operational risk management activities
- Use expertise and industry knowledge to provide independent oversight and credible challenge to the Business’s operational risk management activities
- Perform Operational Risk reviews across different lines of business and assess the effectiveness and design of Risk controls
- Oversee and challenge the EMEA front lines across all operational risk areas including – plan, identify and assess, control and mitigate, test and validate, monitor and report
- Identify and escalate to business oversight leadership conflicts with risk management results and expected business outcomes
- Active engagement in key EMEA risk governance routines inclusive of strategic planning sessions, governance committees and business reviews
- Assist with the calculation & allocation of Operational Risk Capital and Scenario Analysis
- At least 10+ years of experience in operational risk management (includes audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, or the management of a process or business with accountability for compliance or operational risk)
- Meaningful knowledge of the enterprise risk management framework such as risk identification, risk appetite and strategy, risk-related decisions, processes and controls, risk analytics and governance
- Strong understanding of one or more EMEA operations, processes, products and customer interactions where they manifest risk
- Strong interpersonal, influencing, and communications skills with an ability to interact effectively with stakeholders across the organization, which includes virtual, matrixed leadership experience
If you feel you have the relevant experience for this role then please apply to this advert and send your CV to Anai Patel at Twenty Recruitment.
Twenty Recruitment's Compliance & Governance function are a team of specialist consultants covering Financial Crime Compliance, Regulatory Compliance & Operational Risk mandates, both permanent and temporary, across Financial Services, Technology and Energy.