You will join a highly reputable, well known financial services institution which holds a market leading presence in its sector. Year on year this firm has experienced growth and will offer you a secure, challenging and rewarding working environment alongside the opportunity to further develop your experience. The company invest heavily in their technology ensuring they are a leader in the market.
This is a 1st line of defence Operational Risk and Controls job with responsibility for managing one person and facing off to senior stakeholders across the business and 2nd line of defence.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Provide support to the designated business and coordinate all first line risk activities
- Act as the main point of contact for 2nd line of defence Risk Management
- Provide risk management training and education to help maintain a strong risk culture
- Carry out risk-based reviews and ensure current processes are effective and in line with risk appetite
- Ensure a robust control environment and attend Risk & Control forums
- Identify potential issues arising from deep dive reviews and scenario analysis
- Create Operational Risk Reporting to keep senior management up to date
- Demonstrable Operational Risk & Controls experience from a UK regulated firm is essential
- Operational Risk experience including Risk Assessments, Key Risk Indicators and Scenario Analysis is key
- Good Financial Services product knowledge is important
- Understanding of wider Risk Management is beneficial
- Previous leadership / management experience is important
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to prioritise work accordingly
- Good attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
If you feel you have the relevant experience for this newly created opportunity, please apply to this advert and send your CV to Jack Quaile at Twenty Recruitment.
Twenty Recruitment's Compliance & Governance function are a team of specialist consultants covering Financial Crime Compliance, Regulatory Compliance & Operational Risk mandates, both permanent and temporary, across Financial Services, Technology and Energy.